Pages

Thursday 17 August 2017

15 Common English Grammatical Errors Every Nigerian Is Guilty Of

Well! as Ghanaians, we have our common grammatical errors, but if you’ve sat with a Nigerian friend, then you will know they are on a whole different level when it comes to grammatical errors and they DGAF.

If you think we’re lying check out what Wizkid said, “Many man shall fall that day…” well! he got some little bashing from a section of Nigerians for that line but even those bashing him are worse.

Here are 15 English Grammatical Errors every Nigerian is guilty of.


1. I’m a choir in the church.

Nope! You’re a chorister at church.


2. Your voice is cracking.

Sorry! voice doesn’t crack and if this is to tell someone on phone you can’t hear them properly, then the right sentence should be, “The line is fluctuating”.


3. I’m not hearing you.

The right word should be, “I can’t hear you”.


4. I’m an army.

We hear this all the time but it should be, “I’m an army officer or a soldier”, one person cannot be an army.


5. Headache is doing me.

Come on, how can headache do you? You have a headache, headache cannot do you.


6. My eye is scratching me.

Nope!!! Your eyes can’t scratch they itch.

itching eye

7. My leg is paining.

You feel pains in your leg or your leg hurts. Your leg can’t be paining you.


8. Workers are wanted.

You can see this all over the city when they need workers for a job. You don’t say workers are wanted, you say “workers are urgently needed”.


9. Do and let’s go.

Hasten up or hurry up…simple as that.


10. Entered a bus.

You don’t enter a bus, you board a bus.


11. I’m the last born of my family.

Sorry, you’re the last child of your parents.


12. I’m looking for a job.

You can’t look for a job, you seek employment.


13. The food was not sufficient enough.

The food wasn’t sufficient, you don’t need “enough” at the end.

insufficient food

14. Move to the extreme end.

Being at the end means you’re already at the extreme why double it.


15. Push and let me sit.

Smh! you can’t ask someone to push, you tell them to shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

catigories

ALL IS HERE CATIGORIES
Loading...


πŸ‘‰Please Enter Your E-Mail Address!πŸ“©

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Home | Advertise with Us | Contact Us | About Us | Privacy And Policy | Our Disclaimer |
Copyright © 2015-2018 Freshvibes's Blog™
All Right Reserved..
Blog Crafted by Freshvibes' Blog