Pages

Thursday 25 January 2018

[Story] Romance In The Circle – Episode 10

Episode 10
IME: 9:05AM
VENUE: OPPOSITE THE ENGINEERING
DEPARTMENT BUILDING.
_________________________________
Gradually, the crowds started dispersing after
the policemen had
successfully transfered Dayo’s corpse to the
school’s teaching hospital.
“Chioma, what is there for me to do in this
life? Chioma answer me
nau.” Dolapo wailed as the three friends were
trekking back to their
hostel.
“Dolapo, you have to be strong. Afterall, Dayo
is our friend to
but our wailing won’t bring her back. I know
how close you two are and
the relationship that you’ve built but God
knows the best and I know
whosoever that did this won’t go unpunished.”
Chioma replied in a shaky
voice as she tried to hold back the tears that
threatened to spill.
Just then a cream couloured Toyota Camry
parked beside them.
“Hello ladies.” Inspector Clement greeted.
“Hello.” Chioma replied rudely.
“I understand what just happened to you guys
but I think I can be
of help in a situation like this. Let me give you
a ride back to your
hostel.” Clement offered.
“We appreciate your kind gesture, but our
hostel is only a
stone throw from here.” Chioma replied.
“If that is the case lets go there together. Am
the officer in
charge of your late friends’ case.” Clement
introduced officially.
“No problems.” Chioma replied still holding
Dolapo firmly like
she’ll fall if left to walk on her own. That
moment Chioma is her pillar
of support, how enemies become friends
during trying periods. The two
of them never seem to agree on the same
thing but the friendship cord is
still there waxing.
+++++Inside their room+++++
Chioma offered Clement a seat just outside
their room very close to
the door on the corridor.
“Am sorry my friends won’t be able to talk to
you. We are all not
feeling too well, am forcing myself to talk to
you.” Chioma said as soon
as she sat down opposite their guest.
“Tell me the things I need to know about
Dayo.” Clement requested.
“She was my friend and we’ve been living
together from the time we
gained admission. Everyone of us here met
while we were in the secondary
school. Late Hadiza has lived all her life here
in the south-west even
though she is from the north, I met her when I
came for holidays in my
aunty who live in Lagos. I had my holiday
lesson in her school. Dolapo,
Tolani and the late Oladayo all attended the
same secondary school. And
the two schools are neighbours.” Chioma
replied.
Clement jotted somethings down.
“Tell me, when was the last time you girls had
a misunderstanding?”
“We have misunderstandings alot but it is
bound to happen between
friends. We can’t reason alike you know?” She
paused.
Clement nodded urging her to continue.
“The last misunderstanding we had was on the
day whe Hadiza was
killed. Hadiza accused Tola of misplacing her
eye pencil. Girl’s fight
sha. You understand what I mean, don’t you?”
Clement nodded.
“No matter the misunderstanding, the last
thing on our minds is
getting one another killed. We don’t have such
minds.” Chioma added.
“I didn’t say that. Do you have a boyfriend?”
Clement asked.
“Yes, I do.” She replied.
“What about Hadiza and Dayo?” He asked.
“Dayo is engaged to a guy who works in an oil
company, he do visit her here when he is in
town.”
“What’s his name?” Clement asked.
“Emmanuel.” She replied.
“What of Hadiza?” He asked.
Just then his phone vibrated. It was a text
message from Sergeatn Mike.
It reads,
Sir, with the help of the school security, I was
able to nab the guy whon Dayo said took
Hadiza outside before she found her dead. He
is our number one suspect. We need you here
asap!
Clement smiled.
“I gotta run now. I’ll be back later.” Clement
said standing up.
“See you later then.” Chioma replied.
“Your number please, so I can tell you when
I’ll be coming.” He requested. Chioma typed
her number on his cell phone.
“My regards to Dolapo and Tolani. You girls
have to be strong.”
With this he left hurriedly.
To be continued 

No comments:

Post a Comment

catigories

ALL IS HERE CATIGORIES
Loading...


πŸ‘‰Please Enter Your E-Mail Address!πŸ“©

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Home | Advertise with Us | Contact Us | About Us | Privacy And Policy | Our Disclaimer |
Copyright © 2015-2018 Freshvibes's Blog™
All Right Reserved..
Blog Crafted by Freshvibes' Blog