Pages

Friday 21 April 2017

Meet Spotless, Tekno’s younger brother who avoids him because of his success


They share blood and music, but Tekno and Spotless will not be working anytime soon.

There’s a certain feeling you get when you meet an upcoming artist who is still struggling to grasp the ropes of the music industry.

He walks with an uncertainty that is infectious, avoids eye contact when he greets, and is extremely thankful with a calm voice that struggles with excitement. And when he is asked an interview question, he stutters before an answer is supplied.

Tekno’s younger brother, Spotless fits that profile. He is an upcoming artist with just a prayer and talent who wants to become a star. He has seen the art bless his elder brother, and changed his life in ways that words cannot fully capture.

“His (Tekno) success is an inspiration to me, and he just makes me wanna work hard.”Spotless says.

Tekno’s kid brother, Augustine Ucheotherwise called ‘Spotless’ is a singer, songwriter and music producer who hails from Ebonyi State. He is the last child from a family of 8.

Like his elder brother, Kelechukwu Miles Augustine popularly known as Tekno Miles, Spotless also plays some musical instruments like the guitar, piano and drums. He developed his love for music from watching his dad play the guitar at a tender age.
“I come from a family where my dad really loves music, and he made sure we had musical equipment when we were growing up. We played with these things as toys...” He says as he takes a deep breath. “And up until now, I wouldn’t say it has been a smooth ride, but it was worth it.”

Just like every other artist, Spotless started from the bottom. The bottom of the Nigerian music industry is a lawless and bitter place. It is packed full with the tears, sweat and blood of countless Nigerians who move from studio to studio, begging to be heard, and sacrificing their lives on the altar of a dream.

They are exposed to frauds, duped without season, and taken advantage of at every point in time.

But it is the struggle within the artist that is most painful. Have you ever worked hard every day without a glimpse of success? Have you toiled your heart out day and night only to not see any advancement of your cause? That’s what Spotless has had to deal with daily.

“There are times I needed to just be heard. I needed to put my materials out. At that point it wasn’t working. It kind of frustrated me.”Spotless says, emotion decorating his face, as he bares his soul.

And how about his big brother Tekno? Couldn’t he just lean on the big star with a Columbia Records deal? Perhaps some of that shine can be transferred to him via collaboration?

Spotless disagrees. He is avoiding his elder brother’s music and brand as publicly as he can. He believes he is on a journey to self-discovery, and that can be derailed by associating with Tekno.

Collaborations will come later.” He declares.“I have to discover myself. I don;’t want to hide under the success of my brother to come out. I have to find myself first, I have to make impact in the industry, before I can talk of features with my brother.”
But it turns out that they have a great personal relationship. Tekno is still the big brother, and his words are gems to Spotless. The elder brother is still heavily involved in his career, but in an advisory role.
“Our relationship is the way it should be as family. He is my elder brother. We have a very strong relationship.” He says.
“His input for now is basically his advice. Telling me to work hard, and also giving me a reason to work hard by himself. He is very successful, and he is a very big artist in Nigeria. He advises me, and his success is an inspiration, which makes me want to work hard.”
Spotless is currently signed to Mocking Bird Records, a Lagos based music company led byAde Ogunlesi. His first official single, ‘Take am’, has a remix featuring Oritsefemi. But that’s not all he wants.
“I’ll just keep working. I’ll just keep working until my voice can’t sing anymore.” He declares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

catigories

ALL IS HERE CATIGORIES
Loading...


πŸ‘‰Please Enter Your E-Mail Address!πŸ“©

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Home | Advertise with Us | Contact Us | About Us | Privacy And Policy | Our Disclaimer |
Copyright © 2015-2018 Freshvibes's Blog™
All Right Reserved..
Blog Crafted by Freshvibes' Blog